Fond du Lac Literacy Services
Fond du Lac Literacy Services helps adults in our community with the basic skills needed to learn and prosper in the 21st Century: reading, writing, mathematics and learning English. Dedicated and trained tutors work one-on-one with students using personalized lesson plans at a pace that is comfortable for the student. Tutoring is free. Students learn how to:
• Write a letter
• Read to a child
• Read a menu
• Use a dictionary
• Balance a checkbook
• Speak and read English
• Help with skills necessary to prepare for the GED
• Have improved communication at work
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is a non-profit organization. We are seeking additional students and tutors. Are you willing to help advance literacy in your community? There are many ways you can help:
• Encourage people you may know to come in and check out our services
• Give the gift of time; become a tutor or help in our office.
• Support with a tax-deductible donation
• Assist in fund development, attend fund raising events or join a board committee
Contact Literacy Coordinator Jen Mattice: (920) 322-3932 or [email protected]. We are located on the second floor of the Fond du Lac Public Library. Office hours: Mondays 9 am-4 pm, Tuesdays 9 am-8 pm, Wednesdays 9-11:30 am and Thursdays 9 am-4pm.
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is proudly funded by the United Way
Team Trivia 2018 planning is underway. For more information, contact Jen Mattice.
Watch this video to learn about the impact that Fond du Lac Literacy Services makes in our community.
Help change a life with a tax-deductible donation to Fond du Lac Literacy Services: