FDL Reads events at a glance
Fond du Lac Read events are held throughout October.
All programs are free, open to the public and held at the Main Library downtown, except where noted.
No registration required. Complete details are found at the Calendar.
- Through October: Interactive boards ask visitors to share What do you remember most about 9/11?
- Through October: Puppy Love. Send photos of your four-legged friends to [email protected] for display at the Main Library.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, October 8: Emergency Preparedness at Home and Away presented by the FDL County Office of Emergency Preparedness.
- 6 p.m. Thursday, October 10: How Does Michael Hingson Do That? presented by the Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, October 12: Come. Sit. Stay. Dog-themed fun for the whole family with activities that include:
o Basic Dog Grooming at 11 a.m. Presented by Chris Lang of Tails A Waggin.
o McGruff the Crime Dog at noon
o Officer Ryan Williams and K-9 Grendel demonstration at 12:30 p.m.
o Jake Guell and Charlie the companion dog at 1 p.m.
o Local author Joellyn Dahlin on hand to sign copies of her dog-themed children’s books
o Visit with Browser and his new doghouse in the Children’s Room
o Make-and-take dog craft in the Children’s Room
o Dog-themed bake sale
- All day Saturday, October 12, and Sunday, October 13: Pet supplies for fines. For each new pet supply item (food, toys, leashes, etc.) donated, the library will waive $1 in overdue fines. Accepted at Main Library and FDLPL Express, near Festival Foods.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, October 22: Pet Fostering presented by the FDL Humane Society.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, October 29: A Talk with Michael Hingson. The author of Thunder Dog will discuss his book and answer questions via Skype.