Kids summer events 2014
There’s a full roster of great Reading is Brain Food events for kids this summer at the Fond du Lac Public Library, starting Monday, June 16. Full details are available at the Calendar.
Mega-Mondays: Professional entertainers come for two shows, 10 a.m. and repeated at 1 p.m. For all ages. Free tickets are required and are available from the Children’s Desk at the Main Library starting the Tuesday before the performance. The lineup:
- June 16 Steve Russell, juggling, magic, comedy and good, clean fun.
- June 23 Magic Morgan, you won’t believe your eyes
- June 30 Stuart Stotts, singing storyteller
- July 7 Jesters N Castles, medieval puppet theater with Merlin the Magician
- July 14 Dave Landau, fun music and dancing. Landau voted 2013 Best Kids Entertainment by Madison Magazine.
- July 21 Joni Hahn, storyteller
- July 28 Glen Gerard, magic and comedy
- August 4 Mike Randall and the Wonders of Physics, from UW-Madison
Browser’s Lab: Thursdays at 1 p.m. Discover through hands-on experimentation. For ages 6-12. Registration is required and begins on the Monday before the program at www.fdlpl.org, click Calendar, or by calling (920) 322-3940.
- June 19 Color-Coded Science
- July 3 Marvelous Magnets
- July 17 Electric Avenue
- July 31 Grossology
Friday Matinee at 10 a.m. For families and kids 12 and under. Join us for a weekly viewing of a popular G or PG feature film. No registration required, but space is limited; first-come, first-served.
- June 20 “Emperor’s New Groove”
- June 27 “The Great Mouse Detective”
- (Closed on July 4)
- July 11 “Frozen”
- July 18 “Race to Witch Mountain”
- July 25 “Wall-E”
- August 1 “The Lego Movie”
- August 8 “Planes”
Storytimes: Just drop in to enjoy a program of age-appropriate stories, songs and activities. Programs change weekly. Children 5 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Adults are encouraged to stay and participate with their children.
- Toddler (age 2 & younger): 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Preschool (ages 3-5): 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Rockin’ Good Time (all ages): 6 p.m. Thursdays