Fond du Lac Literacy Services
Fond du Lac Literacy Services helps adults in our community with the basic skills needed to learn and prosper in the 21st Century: reading, writing, mathematics and learning English. Dedicated and trained tutors work one-on-one with students using personalized lesson plans at a pace that is comfortable for the student. Tutoring is free. Students learn how to:
• Write a letter
• Read to a child
• Read a menu
• Use a dictionary
• Balance a checkbook
• Speak and read English
• Help with skills necessary to prepare for the GED
• Have improved communication at work
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is a non-profit organization. We are seeking additional students and tutors. Are you willing to help advance literacy in your community? There are many ways you can help:
• Encourage people you may know to come in and check out our services
• Give the gift of time; become a tutor or help in our office.
• Support with a tax-deductible donation
• Assist in fund development, attend fund raising events or join a board committee
Contact Literacy Coordinator Jen Mattice: (920) 322-3932 or [email protected]. We are located on the second floor of the Fond du Lac Public Library. Office hours: Mondays 9 am-4 pm, Tuesdays 9 am-8 pm, Wednesdays 9-11:30 am and Thursdays 9 am-4pm.
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is proudly funded by the United Way
Team Trivia 2016 is scheduled for March 1 & March 3 at Whispering Springs. For more information, contact Jen Mattice.
Watch this video about George and his tutor, a touching reminder of the important work our students and volunteers have undertaken.
Help change a life with a tax-deductible donation to Fond du Lac Literacy Services: