Jobs at the library
Fond du Lac Public Library employs about 45 full- and part-time people. Part-time positions range from 12 to 30 hours per week. The educational requirements for our positions range from less than a high school education to a master's in Library Science. All of our positions require basic computer literacy and excellent customer service capabilities. Any future openings will be posted in the library and listed on this web page. Feel free to watch any and all of these sources. We do not accept applications to keep on file when we have no openings.
Fond du Lac Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Information & Outreach Services Coordinator
The Fond du Lac Public Library seeks a dynamic and service-orientated person to manage the library's Information and Outreach Services Dept. This is a full-time exempt coordinator position, reporting to the library director. The ideal candidate will bring creativity and collaborative leadership to the adult services offered at the library.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a staff of professional librarians and library assistants (current: 5 FTE)
- Contributing to creation and management of innovative adult programming
- Supervising staff who oversee the local history/genealogy area and the Opportunity Center (job center)
- Managing the purchase and weeding of adult collections
- Developing partnerships with organizations and individuals in the community that share the library's mission and vision
- Developing procedures for the effective delivery of service from the Reference and Help desks
As one of five library coordinators, this person will be expected to:
- Provide exemplary customer service by helping to create a place where respectful, responsible and safe behaviors are maintained for patrons and staff
- Model collaborative leadership
- Be a change agent: champion flexibility, adaptability and innovation
- Stay abreast of industry innovation through continuing education and professional organizations
- American Library Association accredited Master's Degree in Library Science
- Minimum of four years professional library experience
- Experience in developing and implementing adult programming
- Supervisory and managerial experience desirable
Fond du Lac, Wis., offers a low cost of living on the shores of Lake Winnebago and is equidistant to Milwaukee, Madison and Green Bay. The Fond du Lac Public Library serves nearly 1,000 community members each day from two locations in the city. Our latest initiatives include the Idea Studio, a 2,600 sq. ft. makerspace, and a standalone used bookstore, Chapter 52.
A comprehensive benefit package is offered including health, dental & life insurance, as well as participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System. Apply by completing a City of Fond du Lac application, resume, cover letter and three professional references by 4 pm Friday, April 28, 2017.
All applications must be made through the City of Fond du Lac employment page