Partners in Literacy
What is Partners in Literacy?
Partners in Literacy is a coalition of local organizations working with Fond du Lac Literacy Services to improve adult literacy in our community. It’s estimated that more than 6,000 adults in Fond du Lac County read below the sixth grade level.
Fond du Lac Literacy Services matches trained volunteer tutors with low-literacy adults to work one-on-one to improve basic skills. In 2013, we served 63 adult students (a 133 percent increase over the last two years). We want to reach 100 adults in 2014. To reach that goal, we need your help by joining Partners in Literacy.
How does your business/organization become involved?
Partners in Literacy asks no financial commitment, but it does ask that your organization promote literacy by:
- Encouraging members of your organization to volunteer as FDL Literacy Services tutors
- Promoting our program to potential students in your organization
- Posting FDL Literacy Services fliers and posters in break rooms, HR departments and other staff gathering places
- When appropriate, promoting FDL Literacy Services to clients
- Allowing your organization’s name and logo to be listed as a Partner in Literacy in website, fliers, letterhead, posters and other handouts
- Designating a Partner in Literacy liaison from your organization
To join Partners in Literacy, print and return this Partners in Literacy Letter of Agreement
Questions, suggestions and queries are welcome. Contact Literacy Coordinator Jen Mattice: (920) 322-3932 or [email protected].
Help us advance literacy in Fond du lac County.