The Fond du Lac Public Library has been a true community library from the start. Its roots can be traced as far back as the 1850 when it was first discussed by the Young Men’s Association. The City Council officially organized the library in November 1876. Members of the Fond du Lac Women’s Club obtained a gift from Andrew Carnegie to open the first permanent library building in 1904. In 1966, the League of Women voters and a cadre of individuals from the community were credited for making the “new” library possible.
Fond du Lac Public Library employs about 45 full- and part-time people. Part-time positions range from 12 to 30 hours per week. The educational requirements for our positions range from less than a high school education to a Masters Degree in Library Science. All of our positions require basic computer literacy and excellent customer service capabilities. Any future openings will be posted in the library and listed on this web page. Feel free to watch any and all of these sources. We do not accept applications to keep on file when we have no openings.