Donate to the FDL Public Library
Make a general donation or contribute to the endowment fund via Paypal:
FDLPL Endowment Fund
Endowment Fund expenditures are targeted for special projects, programs and equipment that supplement or enhance - but not replace - regular municipal operating and capital improvement appropriations. To ensure continual growth, just a portion of the fund’s earnings will be spent each year. By state law, the volunteer members of the Fond du Lac Public Library Board of Directors have complete control over the endowment fund. The Endowment Fund is one of several Fond du Lac Area Foundation-administered funds that benefit the Fond du Lac Public Library
Donor wall: The library accepts donations of any amount. Donations of $2,000 and above are acknowledged with a “drawer” in the card-catalog donor display at the Main Library downtown. Each drawer section has room for two engraved plates:
- Large plate can accommodate three lines of text, with a maximum of 18 characters per line, including spaces
- Small inset “title” plate can accommodate one line of text with a maximum of nine characters (for example, 1925-2010)
Endowment Fund gifts accepted:
- Cash, securities or real property
- A bequest (in a will) to the Fond du Lac Public Library
- A gift of life insurance
- A charitable remainder or living trust from which you or another beneficiary may receive income during a defined period of time (or a lifetime) with a provision that the trust assets become the property of the library thereafter
- Tax benefits
- A gift to the endowment fund may provide substantial tax savings to the donor (please consult an attorney or accountant):
- Savings in income taxes by current gifts of cash or property
- Savings in inheritance and gift taxes by testamentary trusts or gifts of living trusts
- Savings in capital gains tax when gifts of appreciated securities or other property are donated directly to the library
- Donations to an endowment (the principal must remain intact and only the income may be spent) are accepted gladly.
- Undesignated gifts enable the Library Board to use the endowment funds in the manner most beneficial to current and long-term needs.
To donate to the endowment fund and for more information, contact library Director Jon Mark Bolthouse, (920) 322-3959.
Donate books, movies, music
Donated materials are accepted at the Main Library and the Allen J. Buechel Branch. We accept books, DVDs and CDs in good condition. Library staff reviews donations to determine if will be added to the lending collection or forwarded to Chapter 52 Bookstore, where proceeds from their sale benefit library programming. Restrictions: No musty, moldy or water-damaged materials accepted. Textbooks and encyclopedias are not accepted.
Donations should be labeled as such and can be dropped off at the library's checkout desk or in a book return bin.
Tax-deductible receipts are available at the downtown library's Main Desk. Large donations are accepted on a case-by-case basis; arrange a large donation by calling (920) 322-3920.