Summer Reading @ FDLPL 2021 -- REGISTRATION BEGINS JUNE 1
Start earning prizes now by signing up for
Summer Reading at the Fond du Lac Public Library!
Starting June 1, the Fond du Lac Public Library will invite users of all ages to “Color Your World,” the theme of Summer Reading @ FDLPL 2021. Through Aug. 15, kids, teens, and adults may read their favorite books to earn prizes and have a little fun.
New for 2021 is an online logging option. Use the Fond du Lac Public Library’s online portal, Beanstack, to record your minutes of reading.
Prefer to record minutes on paper? Stop by the Fond du Lac Public Library starting June 1 to get a paper card to record your progress.
Whether recording on paper or online, participation is easy, and earns participants instant rewards along the way as well as a chance at a grand prize at the end of the summer. All reading counts, and reading aloud counts for both the reader and the listener.
Be sure to keep logging those minutes all summer; if the community can reach 2 million minutes read, the Fond du Lac Public Library will offer a special prize for the community in August.
For the most up-to-date information, as well as other programming scheduled for the summer, visit our Calendar.
- Aug. 11, 6 pm: Community Spotlight (Facebook Live at facebook.com/FDLPL): Join us for a presentation by a local organization.
- Aug. 12, 6-7 pm: Virtual Lotería (Zoom): Love BINGO? Then you will almost certainly love Lotería, a traditional card game enjoyed in Mexico and other countries. Learn the meaning behind the colorful “tabla” images along with the simple steps needed to enjoy the game and win prizes!
- Aug. 17, 6 pm: Trivia Time! (Zoom)
- Aug. 24, noon-1 pm: Check ‘em Out Book Club (Zoom): Join us for a discussion of “Bitter Orange” by Claire Fuller. A woman is pulled into a life of decadence, then a small crime brings on a bigger one so terrible that it will brand her life forever. The book is available at the library or in unlimited quantities as an e-book on Overdrive.
- July 1-Aug. 15: Family Photo Scavenger Hunt (for youth and teens): Have fun finding special locations around Fond du Lac this summer! Pick up a sheet at the library; find all the locations and return the completed sheet to be entered into a raffle drawing!
Youth & Family events:
- All summer long: Chalk Obstacle Course: New courses each month. July obstacle course will be at Hamilton Park (coming soon!); August obstacle course will be on Sheboygan Street adjacent to the Main Library.
- July 1-Aug. 15: Family Photo Scavenger Hunt (for youth and teens): Have fun finding special locations around Fond du Lac this summer! Pick up a sheet at the library or click here to download one; find all the locations and return the completed sheet to be entered into a raffle drawing!