My Favorite Fondy Calendar Art Contest
The Fond du Lac Public Library’s call to artists is a special opportunity for amateur and professional artists, including photographers, to earn a spot in the 2018 My Favorite Fondy Calendar, which will be sold as a Fond du Lac Public Library fundraiser.
The Fond du Lac Public Library judging team will select 12 photos for the 2018 My Favorite Fondy Calendar. All eligibility requirements must be satisfied and the applicant’s status verified before awarding of the prize.
In order to be eligible to be selected among the 12 winners and/or to be considered for the 2018 My Favorite Fondy Calendar, entrants must:
- Submit by April 1, 2017, their artwork or digital photo that features a landmark, symbol, place or image that captures the essence of living in the Fond du Lac area.
- Important information for photo entries:
- FDL Public Library will accept electronic entries only.
- FDL Public Library will accept a maximum of three photo entries per person.
- Original photographs must be at least 300dpi and no smaller than 5-by-7 inches in JPEG format.
- Photographers must obtain necessary release forms from people appearing in their photographs.
- Photographers must maintain responsibility for ensuring that their submissions are in compliance with all the legal and copyright requirements.
- Submit artist’s name, mailing address, email address, phone number and title of artwork/photo.
- Agree to release images of their artwork to Fond du Lac Public Library for promotional and reproduction purposes in any media in perpetuity.
- There is no limit on number of entries person of physical artwork (drawings, painting, sculpture, mixed media, etc.).
- Submissions by FDL Public Library employees and members of their immediate families/households are not eligible to for inclusion in the printed calendar but would be included in the gallery exhibit.
HOW TO ENTER
- Physical artwork (drawings, paintings, sculpture, mixed media, etc.) must be delivered to the Fond du Lac Public Library Main Desk, 32 Sheboygan St., any time during library operating hours March 26, 2017, through and including April 1, 2017. No entries will be accepted before or after those dates. Each piece must individually be accompanied by the artist’s name, mailing address, email address, phone number and title of artwork/photo.
- Photo entries must be emailed to [email protected] by 4 pm CST Saturday, April 1. Photos received after 4 pm April 1, 2017, will not be eligible for the contest.
- Fond du Lac Public Library will announce winners of the My Favorite Fondy Calendar Art Contest by April 21, 2017, to local and regional media, via the library’s social media accounts and on the library’s website, www.fdlpl.org.
- Artwork must be picked up between 9 am and 8 pm Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Any artwork left unclaimed after June 30, 2017, will be discarded.
- My Favorite Fondy contest is a promotion wholly organized and administered by the Fond du Lac Public Library.
- Entrants consent to the use, reproduction or distribution of any information submitted and understand that they are providing such information to the Fond du Lac Public Library.