- My account
FDLPL will reopen Express Branch, Idea Studio
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
On the Tuesday following Labor Day, the Fond du Lac Public Library will make two changes.
First, the east-side FDLPL Express Branch, located near Festival Foods, will reopen September 8.
That same day, the Idea Studio also will reopen in a limited fashion.
Meanwhile, the downtown Fond du Lac Public Library, 32 Sheboygan St., continues to require the use of masks for patrons who wish to enter the library.
This is in line with new mandates provided by the state of Wisconsin.
The downtown Main Library’s partial reopening continues under the following conditions:
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed in the building at one time. Visits will be limited to one hour.
- There will be no loitering, no meetings.
- Face masks are required, per state mandates.
- Social distancing is required.
- A limited number of public internet computers are available to adults with a limit of one hour per day of internet time. Most of the public computers will be for assistance-free use; four will be set up so that staff can provide contact-free help if needed. Staff will adhere to a rigorous cleaning schedule for all the computers.
- Curbside pickup continues on Portland Street during open hours.
- Library programming will be virtual through social media and virtual meeting platforms; the full schedule can be found at fdlpl.org, click Calendar.
- The Chapter 52 Bookstore and Langdon Divers Gallery will remain closed. Meeting rooms will be closed.
- Library staff will wear masks and will follow a schedule of cleaning returned materials and public-use areas.
For library information and news updates, visit fdlpl.org or the library’s Facebook page.