- My account
Fond du Lac Literacy Services
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
To develop local adults’ reading, writing, speaking and math skills.
Literacy equals opportunity!
2020 Office hours:
Located on the 2nd floor of FDL Public Library
Fond du Lac Literacy Services helps adults in our community with the basic skills needed to learn and prosper in the 21st century: reading, writing, mathematics and learning English. Dedicated and trained tutors work one-on-one with students using personalized lesson plans at a pace that is comfortable for the student. Tutoring is free. Students learn how to:
- Write a letter
- Read to a child
- Read a menu
- Use a dictionary
- Balance a checkbook
- Speak and read English
- Help with skills necessary to prepare for the GED
- Have improved communication at work
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is a nonprofit organization. We are seeking additional students and tutors. Are you willing to help advance literacy in your community? There are many ways you can help:
- Encourage people you know to come in and check out our services
- Give the gift of time; become a tutor or help in our office
- Support with a tax-deductible donation
- Assist in fund development, attend fundraising events or join a board committee
Fond du Lac Literacy Services is proudly funded by the United Way.